Thank you for wanting to keep your instrument in the best shape possible! For instruments we have worked on before, we ask that you please call before stopping by, as we prefer to limit the number of people in the shop at one time. Masks are optional. If you're more comfortable masking, please let us know and we'll mask up, too.
When you bring your instrument to our shop for service, to get a larger size, or to return/exchange your rental instrument, PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW:
- Vacuum the inside of the case to remove any pet hair, bow hair, rosin dust, and anything else. Please make sure the interior of the case, including the accessory pockets, is as clean as possible. Leave personal accessories and music at home.
- Remove any tapes, pads, stickers, or covers from the chinrest, instrument, and/or bow. It's OK to leave fingerboard tapes on.
- All of our rental instruments include rosin. Violin & viola outfits include a shoulder rest. Some cellos have a Polly Mute. Please return all items (instrument, bow, case, rosin, & shoulder rest for violins and violas, mute for cellos) when you return your rental instrument or you will be charged for them. Rosin is $5.00 plus Sales Tax, Shoulder Rests are $35.00 plus Sales Tax. A cello Polly Mute is $21.00 plus Sales Tax.
- When returning your rental instrument, remove any stickers or pins from the outside of the case. If you return a case with pin holes in the fabric, you will be charged for the value of the case.
- If your rental outfit is returned without cleaning, we will deduct a $75.00 cleaning fee from your accrued rental credit.
- If you need a larger instrument for your child, please follow the guidelines above before coming to our shop to switch instruments. Also, please read our blog post “What Size Violin Does My Child Need” - http://blog.feinviolins.com/2011/04/what-size-violin-does-my-child-need.html
- Please call or text 30 minutes before coming to the shop! Call us at 651-228-0783 or text us at 651-373-1300 and arrange a time to drop off your instrument. We're open every day, including Saturday and Sunday, from 10 to 6. For a rental return, please plan to arrive no later than 5:30.